I know, I swore I wouldn’t write a blog, but this is going to be more of a place for me to vent about stuff and whatnot. So, read or don’t read.
I know, I swore I wouldn’t write a blog, but this is going to be more of a place for me to vent about stuff and whatnot. So, read or don’t read.
1) I am a huge Cincinnati Reds fan
2) I am a social media (Twitter, Facebook) addict.
3) I am still legally married.
4) I’ve been separated from my husband since 10/31/09.
5) My best friend and I became a couple on 2/10/10.
6) My best friend is a woman.
7) I love all kinds of music but can’t tolerate the newer rap.
8) When I meet new people I can come off as shy, but I really just stay quiet if I don’t have anything of value to add to the conversation.
9) I really don’t think I can come up with 100 facts.
10) I can get sucked into to infomercials for hours.
11) I do not have a college degree, but a lot of people think I have one.
12) No one ever believes I was born in 1976.
13) I’ve had the same job since 10/23/96.
14) I’m a certified pharmacy technician at Rite Aid in Kettering, OH.
15) I do not have many friends in my hometown.
16) I’m sure my co-workers just tolerate me because I’m good at my job.
17) My pharmacy manager is the best boss I’ve ever had.
18) I just recently upgraded my cell phone to a smart phone.
19) Every time I set my phone down without locking the screen I manage to open the I Heart Radio app.
20) I was born in Dayton, OH and I’ve never lived anywhere else.
21) I hate kids and have never wanted any.
22) I love reality shows, but not the trashy ones. (I like Storage Wars, Chopped, Pigman, Hoarders, etc)
23) I deleted my MySpace profile sometime around Thanksgiving.
24) I’ve been on Twitter since 1/15/09. I joined because @Nollie38 asked me to join.
25) I have a serious MLB catcher fetish.
26) My favorite 3 MLB catchers are: Johnny Bench, Jason Varitek, and Ryan Hanigan. I’ve met Bench and Hanigan.
27) I can tie a knot in a cherry stem.
28) I can unhook a bra with my teeth.
29) I have A.D.D.
30) Yes, I still have a Xanga account.
31) I am at total pharmacy nerd.
32) I love burlesque.
33) My favorite number is 42 because it’s the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
34) The only professional sport strike/lockout I sympathized with was the NHL one a few years ago.
35) I don’t drink very often and I have a very high tolerance.
36) The only Sonic Youth song I like is their cover of “Superstar” by The Carpenters.
37) I’m not attracted to rail-thin girls or guys.
38) My maternal grandmother is my hero and the strongest woman I know.
39) My mom passed away 8/5/02. She was only 53. I miss her every day.
40) My maternal grandfather passed away on 11/8/02. My grammy told him, “It’s okay you can go. I love you.” and he passed a few minutes after that.
41) Telling that story still brings tears to my eyes.
42) I am a creative writer.
43) I have a scar on my back from a dart hitting me when I was little. My brother threw it, banked it off the drop ceiling and it got me on the descent.
44) I was probably 6 when that happened and did not cry.
45) My brother is 22 months older than me and we are pretty close. A lot of people think we’re twins.
46) I had a tarot card reading in January and it brought me to tears.
47) I’m such a Libra.
48) I know the movies Airplane! and The Breakfast Club word for word.
49) My first concert was New Kids On The Block at Riverfront Coliseum.
50) My first comedy show was Carrot Top at The Nutter Center.
51) I was married for 7 years before walking away.
52) I have no interest in NCAA sports.
53) I only filled out a bracket because I was bored and it was $5 to get in the challenge.
54) For the first time in my life I have a little money in the bank and it’s my “move to Chicago fund”.
55) My blood type is O negative. I’m a universal donor and need to get back into donating.
56) I have a fear of uncontrolled crowds. I have a panic attack unless I’m with someone I trust and then it sometimes still gets bad.
57) I feel safer walking after dark in Cincinnati than I do in Dayton.
58) Same goes for Chicago. Wrigleyville to be exact.
59) I saw games at the two oldest ballparks in the MLB last year. (Wrigley and Fenway)
60) I’d kill for some Giordano’s right now.
61) My favorite pitcher is Bronson Arroyo.
62) I made a vow that this MLB season I am not going to trash other teams or their fans.
63) I love anime and manga.
64) I am fat and I am working on getting thinner.
65) I would make my Twitter private but I talk to people who don’t follow me and I don’t beg for follows.
66) I never though 310 miles was that far until my BBF became my girlfriend.
67) Bad grammar in the written form drives me crazy, but I talk like I’m uneducated sometimes.
68) I have bad hearing.
69) I have mono-vision, which means I am far sighted in one eye and near sighted in the other.
70) I can lie when drunk.
71) I cannot dance.
72) Benadryl makes me hyper.
73) I suck at math once letters start getting involved.
74) I think only one person will read this all the way through.
75) I fell in love with my girlfriend when she saved my life.
76) I am bipolar.
77) My mom taught me everything I know about baseball.
78) I believe food addiction and sex addiction are complete bullshit.
79) I have a nasty temper.
80) I get called a bleeding heart liberal a lot when in reality I chose to think for myself and not be a follower.
81) I carry a Hello Kitty lunch box to work. It’s full of my work junk.
82) My boobs are my best asset.
83) I made this a blog post so I don’t clog anyone’s timeline and get unfollowed.
84) I broke my tail bone when I fell off a pogo stick.
85) I’ve been bisexual since I was 16.
86) I want to cook dinner for my girlfriends parents. They are so awesome.
87) I broke 2 toes on my left foot practicing sliding during softball.
88) I gave up softball to manage the wrestling team during my junior and senior years and I can still score matches.
89) I got my first tattoo in Boston and my second in Chicago.
90) I had arthroscopic knee surgery 7/12/07.
91) I love Dr. House (Hugh Laurie). He’s sexy.
92) I am fluent in sarcasm.
93) I cry easily. I wish I could change this.
94) I have a 1999 Saturn SL1 that I named Perry. Perry Saturn, get it? No one ever does. Google.
95) I wanted to be a nurse when I was little because my mom was one.
96) While in Chicago @Nollie38 and I bought Cubs Ryan Dempster shirts while wearing Reds Bronson Arroyo shirts and confused the sales clerk.
98) I was bitten in the face by a dog when I was 10 and needed 9 stitches on my upper lip. It was my grandparents dog, Jake.
99) I believe that it is better to live your life without worrying about regrets.
100) My favorite band of all time is Nine Inch Nails.
Oh, let me tell you how much I dislike bandwagon fans and fair weather fans. These so-called fans irritate me to no end. Seriously, how hard is it to pick a team and stick with them through thick and thin?
I’ve never found it too difficult. I’ve been a Reds fan since birth. My mom, her parents and my brother are also die-hard Reds fans. (My mom passed away in ’02) Also my aunts on my dad’s side are huge Reds fans. As you can see I’ve been around baseball all my life. I also follow Indians and Red Sox baseball but not to the degree that I follow the Reds.
Yes, there have been times when I want to drive to Cincinnati and strangle certain players and/or managers. Obviously I haven’t become that crazy yet. Or have I? (No, not yet.)
Anyway, moving on…
Bandwagon fan: Anyone who claims they are a “fan” of a particular sports team, even though they had no prior support for/interest in the team until that team started winning. These types of fans only show playoff interest, have probably never watched a regular season game, don’t own any type of team merchandise, nor would they buy any.
Fair weather fan: A person who is not a dedicated fan of a sports team. They only watch a game if it peaks their interest.
In most cases fair weather fans are bandwagoners who join in on the hype of a team or sporting event. Examples of this are: The Superbowl, The World Series, and Playoffs in general.
In other cases fair weather fans are people who just watch the sport or certain games when ‘the weather is right'(when they feel like it). These fans are not characterized as bandwagoners because they have been fans of the sport/team before the hype and or big game (ex. Superbowl).
Sorry. I felt the need to post definitions because the two are very different. Most true fans know the difference between the two.
Here’s a funny story. Recently I went to visit my best friend in Chicago. She noticed that Ryan Dempster was pitching the next day for the Cubs at Wrigley and we found wicked cheap tickets to the game. Now, I like Ryan Dempster but I’m certainly not a Cubs fan. There are a few players that I like on the team that I do respect as good players. (Dempster, Soto, Theriot and Fontenot.) Not to mention the fact that I can enjoy a good baseball game with my best friend! And I was in the oldest stadium in MLB. The funny part is a couple Reds fans that I was friends with on Twitter unfollowed me because I went to a Cubs game and cheered for the Cubs. Yeah, I had a few friends who gave me a hard time about it but really? You’re going to unfollow someone because they went to a game while on vacation? Hahaha whatever. (I’m not going to mention any names because I didn’t really give enough of a fuck to care.) Here’s a picture I took of Soto, Dempster and Theriot.
Go ahead and tell me how stupid I am for taking pictures, cheering for a division rival, enjoying time spent with my best friend, who happens to be a Cubs and Red Sox fan. While you’re at it, I’m also going to a couple Red Sox games in July when Nollie and I go to Boston for a week in July. Go nuts. Leave shitty comments. I don’t give a fuck. I’ll take a metric fuckton of pictures at Fenway too.
This is one of my favorite pictures that I’ve taken during a Reds game.
As per usual, my blogs are very ADD.
All these are from the website: http://www.deanjackson.dj/nameanagram/
Jason Varitek’s anagram name is VARIANTS JOKE
Bronson Arroyo’s anagram name is RAY OR ON OR SNOB
Curt Schilling’s anagram name is CHILLING CRUST
James Edmonds’s anagram name is ODD SEMENS JAM
Jon Lester’s anagram name is LONERS JET
Ryan Hanigan’s anagram name is AHA! IN GRANNY
Jonathan Papelbon’s anagram name is HAPPEN NOT ANAL JOB
Ryan Dempster’s anagram name is MERRY PEDANTS
Geovany Soto’s anagram name is NOT VOYAGE SO
Daniel Ray Herrera’s anagram name is DREARILY A RARE HEN
Ramon Hernandez’s anagram name is HAZE NOR MAN NERD
Jonathan David Drew’s anagram name is THRIVE AND AN ODD JAW
Paul Janish’s anagram name is JAIL PUSH AN
Brad Penny’s anagram name is PAN BY NERD
Josh Beckett’s anagram name is JET SHOCK BET
Kelly Shoppach’s anagram name is CHALK SLOPPY HE
Jay Bruce’s anagram name is JAR BY CUE
Jonny Gomes’s anagram name is JOY ‘N’ ON GEMS
Tim Wakefield’s anagram name is LIKED WIT FAME
Mike Timlin’s anagram name is EMIT IN MILK
Dustin Pedroia’s anagram name is SUPER ADDITION
Corky Miller’s anagram name is MERRILY LOCK
Kevin Millar’s anagram name is I LINK MARVEL
Derek Lowe’s anagram name is OLDER WEEK
Micah Owings’s anagram name is AGONIC WHIMS
Mark Derosa’s anagram name is ADORE MARKS
Grady Sizemore’s anagram name is IS DOZY, RARE GEM
Mike Lowell’s anagram name is LIKE MELLOW
Derek Jeter’s anagram name is JERKED TREE
Chris Ianetta’s anagram name is ITCHIER SATAN
Daisuke Matsuzaka’s anagram name is ZAKUSKA AS A TEDIUM
Victor Martinez’s anagram name is RAZE TORN VICTIM
Rocco Baldelli’s anagram name is BALL CROCODILE
George Kottaras’s anagram name is GEEK OR STAR GOAT
Kevin Youkilis’s anagram name is I. I’VE OILY SKUNK
Let me start by saying my favorite MLB player is Jason Varitek.
I am on Twitter (AniRayne33) and just reading all the so-called fans of the Red Sox hate on Jason was horrifying.
I mean, am I so naive in thinking Jason is valuable member of the Red Sox?
I love all my Cincinnati Reds.
All of them.
Yeah, I get pissed at certain ones from time to time, but I’ve never demanded someone’s retirement.
Yes, Jason is 37.
Yes, that is considered old for a pro athlete.
For gods’ sake, Johnny Bench was 36 when he retired and by then he was hardly catching anymore.
By the latter part of his career, Johnny Bench was being compared to the greatest catchers in baseball history, but the years behind the plate began taking their toll on his knees, which is a common ailment for catchers. For the last three seasons of his career, Bench caught only 13 games and played mostly first base or third base. <– From Wiki.
I give him a lot of credit for getting out there and playing when he can.
So, fuck all y’all haters.
“There’s no crying in baseball”
I have a lot of anger in me tonight and this is a bad thing. Okay, let me rephrase that. I’ve had a lot of anger in me all day; also not a good thing. Yes, as I’m sure most every MLB fan has heard, Bronson Arroyo has admitted to using PED’s. Original article from the Boston Herald: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1188184&format=&page=2&listingType=sox#articleFull
The second article that hit was on ESPN.com: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4368436
The third was on Cincinnati.com: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090731/SPT04/307310082/1071/Arroyo+says+he+took+andro
The fourth I read was on Reds.com: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090731&content_id=6172990&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin&partnerId=rss_cin
One thing I did notice in all of these articles was they were pretty consistent.
I’m not angry about this one for some reason. Maybe because I talked to the pharmacist I work with and he explained Andro to me. I don’t know how I feel about David Ortiz. I still feel that Manny Ramirez is a juicing cheater.
Because, there is only one reason for a male to take HCG; to kick start testosterone production after cycling off of steriods. It is a growth hormone.
Ditto Alex Rodriguez.
I still claim Bronson Arroyo as my favorite active pitcher.
1. Put your iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS.
IF SOMEONE SAYS ‘ARE YOU OKAY’ YOU SAY?:
Bust a Move ~ Young MC
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOURSELF?:
Don’t You Evah ~ Spoon
WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?:
The River ~ Good Charlotte
HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
Wish You Were Here ~ Pink Floyd
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
Since U Been Gone ~ Kelly Clarkson
WHAT’S YOUR MOTTO?
Move Along ~ The All-American Rejects
WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Hollywood Whore (*snort*) ~ Papa Roach
WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
We’re All to Blame ~ Sum 41
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Bullet With Butterfly Wings ~ Smashing Pumpkins
WHAT IS 2 + 2?
The Diary of Jane ~ Breaking Benjamin
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Dream On ~ Aerosmith
WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
From Yesterday ~ 30 Seconds From Mars
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Swing Life Away ~ Rise Against
WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
The Underdog ~ Spoon
WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Name ~ The Goo Goo Dolls
WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL ?
Thank You ~ Led Zepplin
WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
I Don’t Care ~ Fall Out Boy
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Rock Me ~ Great White
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Somebody Told Me ~ The Killers
WHAT DO YOU WANT RIGHT NOW?
Slept So Long ~ Jay Gordon
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Kiss Me Deadly ~ Lita Ford
WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
All Summer Long ~ Kid Rock
I do love the Reds. As much as I tried to hate them after the last two MLB strikes, I just can’t stop cheering for them.
Which leads me to my favorite active RHP Bronson Arroyo.
I swear to gods, I feel like that idiot in the “leave Brittney alone” video. But seriously, leave the poor guy alone. He goes out there every fifth day and gives it all he has, which may not seem like all that much sometimes.
I, like Bronson, have carpal tunnel syndrome and I totally sympathize with him. There are so many “fans” out there screaming for him to be traded, but I just want to remind all of them about all the games Bronson has won. No, I am not going to look up his stats; I’m far too lazy for that.
I also know that Dusty Baker is kind of pushing for him to go on the DL and Bronson doesn’t want to do that. I totally understand why he doesn’t want to do that. Sometimes all that keeps me going is using my hands, not resting them.
I also understand his hesitation about CT surgery. I personally will never get it done because I know way too many people who’ve end up feeling worse after they’ve had it done. Yes, numb fingers and sore wrists hurt like hell and I’m sure it’s far worse for a pitcher.
I also understand him being upset he can’t play the guitar, because I used to be a video game fiend and cannot play that much anymore. 😦
Dude, I know I’m just a pharmacy tech and he’s a MLB starting pitcher, but I just want to say how much I can relate to his pain.
Now. I feel a little better now that I’ve vented some. 🙂
Luv you Bronsie! I think you’re having a great season!
I’m writing this the day after The Reds placed Joey Votto on the 15 day DL. After reading numerous articles and flat out guesses at what might be wrong with him, I’ve come to a conclusion:
Leave Joey alone damn it!
I don’t really think it’s fair for these media types to guess at his problem. I believe Nollie said it best last night during our chat:
[22:31] aniRayne: I feel so bad for Joey Votto
[22:31] VulcanDiva: i heard he has stress issues. what exactly is wrong w/ him?
[22:32] VulcanDiva: they were discussing it during the cubbies game but i wasnt paying much attn
[22:32] aniRayne: They ain’t saying. Walt Jockity said it’s a personal issue and Joey doesn’t want it in the press
[22:32] VulcanDiva: good
[22:32] VulcanDiva: i hated it when the cubs commentators were discussing who in the mlb has mental issues
[22:33] aniRayne: yeah
[22:33] VulcanDiva: i guess it’s ok to discuss physical issues b/c thats more part of the game…but come ON i dont need to know who has social anxiety disorder, etc.
[22:33] aniRayne: yeah
[22:34] aniRayne: they don’t know if he’ll be back in 15 days
[22:34] VulcanDiva: he should take the time he needs, and the media should stfu about it.
[22:35] aniRayne: being a mid market team, the reds aren’t used to the press being all up in their business
[22:36] VulcanDiva: the press shouldn’t be in anyone’s fucking business
Having dealt privately with my own mental issues, I can honestly say it really isn’t anyone’s business. It’s between you and your doctor.
I wish Joey all the best and hope he can overcome any problems he is having.
Joey, I hope to see you back on the field soon! 🙂