Last Halloween Nollie and I were very bored and came up with a crazy list of MLB players and their costumes. This is courtesy of her original blog post on 10/31/08.
- Curt Schilling: “Captain Curt” in a Star Trek: Original Series uniform. We agree that he should wear the green “wrap-around” shirt, a la Captain James T. Kirk.
- Jason Varitek, Bronson Arroyo, and Justin Masterson: An emo punk band, complete with the appropriate attire, heavy eyeliner, and blue hair (where applicable, of course…Justin!)
- Josh Beckett: 80’s glam rocker. Enough said.
- Jon Lester: Deadpool. (Use Google to clarify, if necessary.)
- Jonathan Papelbon: Tinkerbell. We believe it would be fascinating to see Paps in a short skirt, especially considering the fact that we love his legs.
- Kevin Youkilis: Zeus, the Greek God of Walks.
- Mike Timlin: Powder blue 1950’s era Corvette convertible, per a favorite joke of ours.
- Coco Crisp: Tall, steaming cup of hot cocoa.
- Dustin Pedroia: 70’s pimp, complete with overly high platform shoes…with a goldfish inside.
- Jacoby Ellsbury: Hooters girl. We would certainly take care of his makeup.
- Mike Lowell: Tony from Saturday Night Fever, in the white leisure suit, of course.
- David Ortiz: Blacula
- Daisuke Matsuzaka and Hideki Okajima: Sasuke and Naruto, respectively. (Again, Google helps.)
- Clay Buchholz: Pikachu. We are not Clay fans, nor do we like Pokemon.
- Tim Wakefield and Doug Mirabelli: Surgeon and nurse, respectively.
- David Ross: Gymnast.
- Jason Bay and J.D. Drew: Ren and Stimpy, again respectively.
- Bartolo Colon and Kevin Cash: Pinky and the Brain.
- Kevin Millar: Bottle of Jack Daniels.
- Cole Hamels: Playboy bunny.
- Jimmy Edmonds: Dr. Frank N. Furter, the “sweet” transvestite from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Ryan Dempster: A leprechaun.
- Cliff Lee: Superman. He most certainly deserves such a costume.
- Grady Sizemore: Venom.
- A.J. Pierzynski: An incredibly large baby.
- Tampa Bay Rays: Storm Troopers…for the Rebels (Philadelphia Phillies) to properly destroy. Nollie did not think of this one at all, btw.
- Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, and Jason Giambi: Bride, groom, and maid of honor. We couldn’t resist.
And to add a few more:
Derek Lowe: Marilyn Monroe
Kelley Shoppach: Vince (the ShamWow guy LOL) “Are you following me camera guy?”
Lenny DiNardo: JFK Lols!
Jay Bruce: Ralphie from A Christmas Story in Aunt Clara’s present.
Leon Boyd: Josh Beckett (Dude he looks so much like him!)